Wednesday, January 24, 2018

What Did I Do Wrong?

This post is by an Anonymous Guest Blogger

At first I thought, "What Did I Do Wrong?"  Now, since I've been re-reading my instructions and the rubric, I can see much more clearly where my entry fell short last May.  I look at the feedback I got and I see that it really was a level 2 entry that I sent in.  I'm encouraged by others who didn't make it their first try.  And I wonder, does the 80% pass rate with a cohort mean first time pass rate, or overall?

I notice my new videos and new writing, and, well, pretty much this whole year have had a deeper level of understanding.  I'm teaching a lesson and I'm trying new things.  Like differentiation.  I thought that was how I was using new strategies, but now I'm thinking it's how I'm choosing the right strategies for each of my kids.  This year I'm doing the same lesson with my kids, but I met with Joetta and she and I brainstormed what student engagement looks like and talked about how to make the lesson more student-centered.  I'm excited about the changes I've made and I feel like I'm more mature somehow, as a teacher.  I just feel better about everything.  I will also say that there's just a lot more understanding about what I'm doing, now, with the whole process, too.

By this time next year I think I will be an NBCT, and I'll be volunteering to help others just like they've helped me.  I will have words of wisdom to share.  I like how one of my mentors said, "Welcome to the Re-do Club."  I'm going to be an NBCT who has earned the right to use those letters after her name, just like all the other NBCTs out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment