Friday, October 2, 2015

Links to Homework for the Next Two Weeks

I had the best time hearing about your teaching contexts and your ideas for your lessons for Component 2!  This is a very rich and rewarding aspect of my job.  I can give you guidance but ultimately this is your journey.  So don't feel badly if you don't find exact answers.  Keep asking questions, reading your resources, and designing your own, personal journey.  Here's an example:  I used the word "unit" or "block of instruction" to a world history teacher who said--"You know, I see my instruction as a timeline through history."  What a WOW! for me!  How cool!  How appropriate!  So a snapshot of this timeline will produce the lessons she uses in her component 2… Don't get dragged down by anything.  The National Board is looking for your unique stamp on this process.  Your mentors will try to help keep you between the margins.

For Week 4 Homework, you are supposed to read this graphic and answer the four bulleted points in "knowledge of students" about  the students in your class before you design your Component 2 unit of instruction.  This is not about your featured students.

For Week 5, please check out the differentiated instruction resources on edutopia.  Here's a page where you can start your research.

Have a good time with this, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment