Monday, September 28, 2015

What to Expect this Week

When we meet tomorrow evening, I'll be showing you an example of a unit plan I found on the internet and you will be helping me identify the information we need to answer the questions the National Board asks about this component.

Then, you will go into small groups to do the same process with your own teaching.  You will begin planning for a first try at teaching this way with your students.  I have you doing this now so you can learn, modify, and do it again with your next unit of instruction--and even with your next, if needed.  It took me three units to get my first usable one for National Board purposes.  But I was teaching well while I practiced, and it didn't hurt a thing. (On the contrary!  My students had a really engaged teacher that year!)  Over time I began to understand how I needed to adjust to meet the standards.  This is the process I am proposing to you.

The next components will go faster and be easier because of the learning you do on this first component.

See you tomorrow!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment